Followers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

WOW! Two Cards in One Day!

Gad zeeks! I'm actually listing 2 cards in one day!

The first card uses one of my favorite angel images, at least for now anyway! LOL This Hampton Arts music angel image from 1997 was stamped on white cardstock with TopBoss embossing ink & embossed with an unknown fine silver EP. I colored it with Zig markers & blended it with a Zig blender pen. Since I only had 2 blue markers that matched the DP, I pulled the blues from the darker areas to make the lighter colors. Then came the trusty ol' white gel pen for some highlights. The edges were then inked with Sea Brights Pool ink. After double matting the image, I glued it on top of the DP with an Ad Tech glue runner. I'm really trying hard to use up as many scraps as possible, so I'm unsure of who makes the design papers, but I would guess they may be from the Paper Studio. The stars were also a part of my stash, as well as the silver corner embellishments.

The next card was made for the Mojo Monday challenge #111, but I didn't get it posted in time. This snowman image by Stampendous is called Snow Lights. It is inked with black Versafine ink and embossed with black Ranger Ultra fine EP. The image was colored with Kaisercolor chalks & highlighted with a white gel pen. The lights were coated with Diamond Glaze and left overnight to dry. The next morning, I glued on white Fun Flock to the hat and a mixture of glitters on the snowman. After they dried, I inked the edges with Sea Brights Pool ink, matted the image & glued it on top of Momento Christmas Party DP with an Ad Tech glue runner. All of the bling & ribbons were also from my stash except for the snowflake which is a Target package topper.
Don't forget to stop back here Saturday the 14th for the Operation Write Home Veteran's Day Blog Hop. I will be offering Blog Candy to a follower that comments on my post on Saturday. In addition, there are over 75 blogs involved in the hop, so you may even get lucky on some of the other blogs, too! I already consider myself lucky to be involved with this awesome organization, so click on the Operation Write Home logo on my sidebar if you would like some more information about them, or if you would like to make cards for our heroes overseas. I can speak from experience that the soldiers are very appreciative of these cards. My daughter was one of them! ~ Lee

2 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi there. Your cards are really lovely. I adore the blue one, its very pretty. Both wonderful creations.
I have just become one of your followers. Have a lovely day.
Love Sandra xx

Merry's Musings said...

WOW! I just love your cards. I can't pick my fave. Just gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails