Followers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Way To Go Teen Card

I've been lax on doing cards for the grandkids when they hit milestones in their studies. When I saw a challenge called "Teen Terror" I knew exactly what type of card I needed for my granddaughter.

This is my first try at digi images, but I been wanting to use this "Back-to-School Teen" from Carolyn Bounds at Busy Beauties Boutique (http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Busybeauties) ever since I won it on the Operation Write Home Blog Hop. My granddaughter raised her grades on her report card, so I thought she deserved a card for encouragement.

All of the design paper is from a Scenic Route Halloween scrapbooking kit. They are just too cute to put away until next Halloween. I got them for a song at Tuesday Mornings, so I didn't feel bad using them for other purposes.

All of the edges of the paper were inked with Tim Holtz' Peeled Paint Distress Ink. The ribbon is American Crafts that is topped with Fiskars Zingz. The digi was colored with colored pencils & blended with a blender pen. The sparkle & glitter part of it is the Magic Scraps glitter I added to the headband, pencil top, shoes & center of the flower. The Way To Go image by Hero Arts was stamped with Top Boss ink & embossed with Embossing Arts glittery bronze EP. I drew the images on the skirt & also on the notebook & added glitter to the stars on the skirt.

I was able to make this card fit numerous challenges. The first is from http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com which was to use a digital image (I forgot to post it on time). I used the http://stampinfortheweekend.blogspot.com sketch for this card. The next is the http://dareu2digistamp.blogspot.com which wants you to use glitter. Next was my original reason to make the card at: http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com which is called, "Teen Terror." Last but not least is the http://cinspirations.blogspot.com which wants "sparkle." One of these days I learn how to write click here & you'll be able to go to their website, but I'm still too new to blogging to know how to do that yet.

As you can see, it was harder to cut out all of the papers than it was to use a digi image. I just used my regular HP printer with white cardstock to print, no special inks. I still haven't worked on resizing them much yet, so I'll let you know if I feel the same way about them after I work with them more!
Lee

4 comments:

Larissa said...

Great card. The image is so perfect for a teenager! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Nancy said...

Thank you for making such a beautiful card using my skatch, Lee:O) Love the cute image, great colours and gorgeous papers.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Gunn (Merete) said...

Fantastic card. I really like the sentiment and image. Great papers and colors.
Thanks for joining SFTW and good luck.
Gunn :-D

Chris said...

A gorgeous card! Love the image and your wonderful design. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails