Friday, July 31, 2009

July Sketch Challenge finished!

I finally finished my card for the July Sketch Challenge on Rubber Stamp Chat. It was sponsored by ISC, but since I didn't have any of their stamps (yet) I used ones from Art Impressions. I loved the sketch & decided to enter the Halloween card I made w/this design. Notice that the orange card stock is shaped like a tombstone.

Stamp: Art Impressions

Ink: Versafine Black

EP: Mark Enterprises Ultra Fine

DP: Hobby Lobby

Cardstock: Paperabilities

Brads: Bazzill

Rhinestones: Cell Phone Bling

Ribbon: Target Dollar Shop

Decorative Corners: eBay seller

I'll try to get some medallion pieces ready for posting, so you can see some different ways I do the same stamp. My favorites are ones by Holly Berry House stamps that are located in Colorado Springs, CO, but Outlines rubber stamps are coming in a close second!

Stamp Happy!


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I finally did it!

Well, after months of talking about it, I finally decided it was time to start a blog. Thanks to all that have encouraged me to start this blog & even gave me some pointers.

Since I didn't really think today (or tonight in my case) was going to be the day I started this, I don't have pictures of my new projects. I decided to show you the card I made for the found items card swap on the Rubber Stamp Chat site.

I really had some fun making this card. I really hope Audreyrose liked it. First I stamped & embossed the Hyacinth #SC312-T image onto white cardstock. I used a small flower punch to punch shapes out of a magazine page that had the colors I wanted the flowers to be. I used an embossing tool & I pressed down on the punched flower in the center to make it look somewhat like a cup. I added some Tacky Glue to the bottom of the flower & added it to the stamped image. I kept adding the punched images until the area was filled in. I painted the rest of the image with Twinklling H20s. The magazine page for the punched flowers was the 1st found object.

I added a contrasting border on the right side of the card front & added found item #2 which were 3 flowers that I sto...oops...found in the neighbors yard & dried them in a flower press. I found a sticker that worked on the bottom of the front & then I covered that with found item #3 which was the vellum from a Dockers ad in a magazine. Next I addeda ribbon that was on a bath set I received for Christmas which made found item #4. Finally, I added an angel pin to the center of the ribbon for the 5th found item.

Stamp: Make An Impression, Inc. Sc312-T

Ink: Top Boss Embossing Ink

Embossing Powder: Embossing Arts

Cardstock: Paperabilities

Brads: Personal Sentiments

Paint: Twinkling H20s

Flower Punch: EK Success

I hope you come back by & see what I'm working on now. I only have a couple days left for the July sketch challenge at Rubber Stamp Chat, so I better get my creative juices flowing.I'm also working on some medallion stamp creations, so you won't want to miss these either

Grandma Lee


Related Posts with Thumbnails