Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My First Outlines Ornament!

Welcome everyone! I decided it was time to get started on my personal Christmas cards, since I've been working to get Christmas, love, thinking of you & more cards ready to ship out to Operation Write Home. As you should know by now, I love medallions & Christmas is such a great time for them.

I mainly use Holly Berry House medallion stamps, but recently a friend in one of my groups introduced me to Outlines stamp company. Rut roh!!! They have some absolutely gorgeous medallions along with some other really awesome mandalas, Christmas trees & ornaments & tons of other stamps that you can go nuts with the bling! These stamps have made me really think outside of the box on my medallion creations. I usually just pop up layers, but I decided to do something a bit different this time.

The design was stamped & embossed on six different coordinating colors of cardstock that matched this gorgeous design paper from the Paper Studio. Here we go with some more non-traditional Christmas colors again! I like to use the lighter colored embossing powders (or metallics) on my medallions to give them more of a pop. Next, the layers were cut out with very sharp detail scissors & a craft knife. When I was playing with the layers, I decided to cut out the inside of one of the layers & go from there to make it less bulky. I really liked the effect it gives. After deciding on the placement of the layers, I used my glue pen to put glitter on some highlighted spots on the designs. I was going to add rhinestones, but decided to just use glitter on this as you can see in the photo. To finish off the design, I put foam adhesives between the layers to give it dimension. This was matted on an oval of dimesional cardstock, and then I added some little snowflakes to give it even more of a Christmas feel. I tied on a ribbon and here's the result! No challenge today, but it was still fun to do.

Lee

Card Recipe:
Rubber - Outlines Ornament I159
White Pigment Ink - Tsukineko
White Ultrafine Embossing Powder - Copper Kate
Glitter - Magic Scraps
Cardstock - Paperbilities
Design Paper - The Paper Studio
Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
Snowflakes - Hobby Lobby

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh that is so pretty, really effective. Great job!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails