Followers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Going to the Dogs for Christmas!

I know that many of you hate to be reminded, but Christmas is right around the corner.  How many of you have started your Christmas cards yet? I like to make some throughout the year, so I'm not overwhelmed at Christmas (please don't hate me for this!).  Here's a few that I thought I'd share that will probably end up going to my daughter for her dog training/boarding business.

I love this adorable dog image by Stamp Happen.  He was stamped and heat embossed with Ranger detail embossing powder.  I used a red marker to color the hat and parts of the candy cane, and then used some glitter to simulate snow.  The design paper is an oldie from Hot Off the Press that I cut to look like hills.  The snowflake is from my stash.
I have a ton of holiday stickers in my stash, and this sticker fit great with the card.  I added another sticker to bring a pop of red to the inside.

Since I was going through my stickers, I found these adorable dogs that I had got at the Current outlet store.  Even though they weren't a Christmas theme, who says you can't make them so with some clever additions?  The holly wreath sticker was also in my stash.  To tie it all together, I added a piece of this adorable bone snowflake DP by Daisy Hill and added a border with a Zig Milenium pen as well as added a bit of Distress ink around the edges.  The saying was another stash sticker.  Even though I don't usually make cards with just stickers, I think this one turned out pretty cute!
This last card was another quickie to make.  This doberman image is by the Stamp Gallery, and was stamped and heat embossed with Ranger detail embossing powder.  The corners of the cardstock and matting were rounded with a corner punch and placed on top of this The Paper Studio DP.  To dress things up a bit, a bling collar was added, and then I thought a rhinestone leash would be nice to go with the collar.  I added a few sprigs of sticker greenery from my stash and it was finished.

There you have it.  Three quick and easy cards that will be sure to please some of the people on your list.  Start trying not to overdo things this Christmas by simplifying things where ever you can.  A few stickers here and there, a little bling and some fun stamps come together to help make things easier for you.  Don't drive yourself nuts trying to make everything over the top...relax and have fun.  Isn't that the reason that we got into stamping anyway?

Don't forget to stop back here next weekend for the annual Veteran's Day blog hop for Operation Write Home.  Since this was the very first blog hop I participated in one year ago, I decided that I needed to celebrate this event with some blog candy!  I'll have the picture on my posting that day, so you'll want to come by to check it out as well as the tons of fabulous bloggers that always make this hop so much fun!
~~~  Lee  ~~~

2 comments:

ileana said...

Hi Lee!! I didn´t start with my cards yet.... hope I can get to it soon! Love your cards! they are sweet, simple and so cute :-)
I awarded you with the Attitude award, please find out more about it on my blog!
Hope your DD is doing well, sending you a big hug,

Morph Waffle said...

Wow, you've been busy, what lovely cards. Just wanted to let you know I posted a digital stamp the other day if ya wanna check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails