Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop

Welcome to my part of the Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop!  I'm so happy that you decided to join us in celebrating this wonderful occasion.  If you arrived here from Ellen's blog, you are in the right place.  If not, you may want to go to the beginning of the hop at Michelle's blog here.  Even though so many people are realizing the importance of recycling and conserving energy, there's always more that we can do.  You don't have to have tons of plastic bins full of recycled materials to know that you are doing a part to help keep things out of the landfills. 

One of the major ways I recycle is to think twice before I toss things out.  Who would've thought that packaging for toothbrushes would yield something that could be used in a card?  I punched out the bubbles from this package to be used on my card.  One of Michelle's beautiful mermaids, Tropical Rhapsody, is the digital image that I used for this card.  She was colored with colored pencils and blended with baby oil that is a bit more earth friendly instead of the "odorless" mineral spirits that is a bit too chemical for me. 

My kids used to collect all kinds of shells when we vacationed, so I was able to use lots of these little beauties on Tropical Rhapsody's seaweed garland.  The seaweed was borrowed from a dried flower arrangement that had seen it's better days.  You must have some fish to swim with the mermaids, so I took apart an earring that I had lost the match to and attached them to the card.  I couldn't resist carrying the recycling theme a bit further by attaching the recycling symbol from the packaging of a ream of card stock that I normally use for my digi images. 

I like to keep an assortment of cards ready to go that will only need a quick sentiment attached to it to make ready to go.  Michelle's images are versatile enough that they can be used for so many occasions.  Instead of making one card at a time, I usually make several like cards at the same time so I have a supply of extra cards to use.  This also helps save on energy.  There are so many ways we can practice conservation, so with just a little forethought, you too could become a part of the solution!
Since I made you wait for the pics (yeah! I was finally able to load them...unfortunately it was operator error, not Blogger as I first thought!), I decided to post another card.  This one the digital image Pearl, also from Michelle Perkett Studio.  I used colored pencils to color her also.  The Make A Wish charm was taken from a card I received a couple years ago.  The green bubbles were taken from pieces of a kid's toy.  All of the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Your next stop on the hop is with the multi-talented Betty. She does some real awesome drawing that are beyond belief! If you get lost along the way, you can always go back to Michelle's blog to find out who's next.
~~  Lee  ~~

23 comments:

Therese said...

I hope you get your pix posted soon. It sounds like a great project. I used some old jewelry, too, it's a great way to keep the pieces you like but can't wear anymore.

Rhonda Miller said...

I can't wait to see your project.

Michelle said...

Lee, this sounds amazing!! I cant wait to see your entry!! Thank you for doing your part for our Earth everyday!!:)

Jean said...

Omg!!! These are awesome cards...all the recycled elements are so ingenious.Thanks for sharing
Hugs Jean

Michelle said...

Lee! These are amazing!! I just love both of these!! Your tropical Rhapsody card is gorgeous with all the shells and of course the recycled paper and plastic!! And your Pearl card is wonderful!! Thank you for all you do everyday to help the planet and for doing you part for our Earth Day blog hop, Lee!!:)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, Lee, these are great. I just love the bubbles and those fish. TFS.

ileana said...

Hi Lee! you did wondeful cards! the first one is simply beautiful, I love all the details in it, all those tiny sea shells... gorgeous! And the second one is another great card! I love the colors you chose on this one, lovely creation! Hugs!

Tammy said...

Hi Lee!! I'm so glad you got your pictures posted!! Well worth the wait. Both of these are gorgeous!!!

Melissa S. said...

I came back and I'm so glad I did. This was worth the wait. I just love what you did with the toothbrush package. Clever girl.

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOW Lee...these are stunning! I love Tropical Rhapsody with all her 'seaweed' and shells. Brilliant recycling :)

cr8iveme said...

what wonderful ideas. Terrific projects.

{hugs}
M.E.

Sammi said...

oooh.. these are GORGEOUS!! Great job!!
Sammi
xxx

Helen H (H2) said...

Hi Lee
Glad we didn't have to miss out on your beautiful work. Both cards are great but the amount of detail in the first one is just amazing! TFS :)

Unknown said...

Lee, those are really beautiful. I especially like the green & pink.

trish said...

WOW Lee, these cards are amazing, I truly love the 1st one with those tiny shells/ fish & bubbles. I just love everything about it and as you so rightly said, suitable for many occasions.
Hugs,
Trish

cottagerca said...

Bravo!! You win the best recycled card so far!! WINNER HERE!!! The card with the shells is so good, I am going to try to make a card like that!!! Thanks for sharing your creative talent!!!

grandmalee said...

Thanks to everyone that made such kind comments on my cards! I hope this hop inspired you to recycle as much as possible in your papercrafting and everyday life. The real winners in the end will be all of you!

Loretta said...

the bubble wrap was sure used a good way. Great job

Fotf said...

Glad you got to join us with your creations. Great re-cycling and great creations :)

Randi WS said...

Wonderful and super creative projects!!
Hugs, Randi WS ;)

Sherry said...

Great Ideas Wow. Awesome Job..

Susan Payton said...

I love your card designs and have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Very nice entries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails