Followers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stampscapes II Yahoo Group Swap

I had the honor to receive this beautiful scene from from my swap partner, Sandy Knecht, in the Yahoo group, Stampscapes II.  There are lots of beginners as well as top notch instructors in this group.  We learn so much in this group & now I can put together a scene fairly quickly.  I have never seen glitter used with the scenery stamping like this, so now I know what's going on my next scene!  The layout is gorgeous as well as the corner punch (I did send her a message asking who makes it).  The people in this group are so  wonderful!  Below is a close-up of the water where Sandy used glitter to stimulate the shimmering water.  I can't post my swap until Sandy receives it, but I'll post it as soon as possible.

If you are into scenery stamping, you must check out the Stampscapes website.  Not only does Kevin have thousands of examples of outstanding scenes on the site, but there are links to blogs & websites that also include tutorials and more.  There are numerous tutorials on the website along with lots of information on light theory (in plain language!) & basics on how to use these interchangeable nature elements.  These stamps can be used with so many other scenic stamps from companies like Beeswax, Coronado, Sutter, Cowtown, Art Impressions and more.  I've been using a lot of digital images lately, and I've seen many digi images used with these stamps to make some awesome scenes.  I have so much more to learn yet, but thanks to so many other awesome stampers, I'm learning all kinds of shortcuts, types of products to use, use of perspective & more.  I can't thank all of you enough!

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

You do such gorgeous work with these stamps, you really inspire me!

Betty J Schaub said...

Very pretty! Love the colors. I'd love for you to pop over and check out some of my work. I don't just do stampscapes but I do have a few posted there.
http://zacksnanaat.blogspot.com

Search is in the right side bar very bottom. Hope to get some words of encouragment from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails