Followers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Operation Write Home Bloghop Coming Soon!

I know I have been MIA lately, but I'm back now!  I want to tell you about the organization that I've been involved with since my daughter came home after being stationed in Iraq.  I originally made cards for her unit to send home since they don't have access to a local PX, or even places that they can purchase anything to write home with except for some computer paper or whatever their loved ones may have sent them from home.  Many times the soldiers don't have the time to write, or they just want their loved ones to know that they are thinking about them.  In the beginning, I used to leave the insides blank so the soldiers had room to write something.  Then, my daughter, who is a Sargeant, told me about an 18 year-old soldier that asked her what he was supposed to write inside the card.  This about broke my heart!  I don't want any soldier to feel that lost again, so now I always have some type of verse or just a simple "thinking of you" on the inside of my cards.  They can always write on the paper they have & insert it with the card if they have the time to write.

I have several links on my sidebar about OWH, so please take a moment & check out this organization for yourself.  They are a full-fledged non-profit organization, so you can feel confident that your money or time isn't being wasted and your contributions are fully tax deductible.  Not only can you check out the organization itself, you can also check out their new challenge blog called Stars and Stamps.  There are also wonderful tutorials here as well mid-week challenges and lots of featured cardmakers.  Operation Write Home is also on facebook and they would appreciate you becoming a fan to them there.  On the OWH Homefront Blog, they keep you up-to-date on the cards that have been shipped & current calls for special cards.  Last but not least is the OWH Hero Blog.   It's full of letters & emails from the soldiers & their families.

Mark your calendars now for March 20th for the next Bloghop that we are hosting for Operation Write Home!  There will be lots of great things going on that day, and I will be one of the many blogs that will be offering BLOG CANDY!!!  I'll have my info up later about thisMany other bloggers will have more surprises for you, too.  If you would like to take part in the challenge, just click HERE to get more information. 

For those of you that think you can't make enough cards to help out, you can always send me ANY number of cards that are hand-made and I will send them with cards from myself & other area stampers.  Better yet, why not have a card party & invite your stamping buddies to come and help make cards to send out all together?  You'll be surprised how many cards you can put together when you have a few friends to help out!
~  Lee  ~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails