Followers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Friendly Amish Boys Peoplescapes Swap

I decided to join in on another swap in the Stampscapes II Yahoo Group swap last month.  The theme this time was Peoplescapes, which is to use people in a prominent position in your creation.  I almost didn't enter because I couldn't think of any stamp I had that would fit the criteria.  I decided to go shopping at a local stamp store and found this awesome Amish boys stamp (I was also raised along many Amish families).  Unfortunately, it was in a package of clearance unmounted images that the owner couldn't remember who made it.  Sooooo, if you happen to know who made it, please let me know so I can give them proper credit AND see if they have more images I like!  teehee!  Maybe I can find an image with the boys plugging their noses when they realize how close the skunk is to them! lol
All of the images are by Stampscapes except for the barn which is made by Alley Cat and the skunk which was part of four skunk images made by PSX.  I colored the scene with reinkers and Adirondack, Sea Brights & Memories ink pads with the help of make-up sponges, and for some of the details I used Adirondack pens.  Since many of the images needed a little bit extra, I used a Zig Millenium black pen to add the finishing touches like extending the road.  I also used some white and colored gel pens for highlighting.

This was my first Peoplescapes, and I'm glad I joined in on this swap.  This group has challenged me to do things that I normally wouldn't do which is a good reason to join a group or a challenge.  I used to get stuck in the same rut all of the time in my card making, but when I get stuck now, all I have to do is do a little blog hopping.  There is so much inspiration out there, and if you can't find something to inspire you then you obviously haven't looked very much!

~~  Lee  ~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails