Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tis the Hero Card Challenge

It's that time of year again. CHRISTMAS CARDS!!

If you want to help our veterans serving overseas, now is a great time to start! I challenge each & every one of you to make one or one hundred cards to send to our veterans overseas this holiday season. My daughter was in Iraq last year during the holiday season, so I really appreciate what others did for her. Now it's time to pay it forward by doing the same for others that are giving some much for us here at home.

One of the best ways to help is to join this great organization. It's FREE! Next, you make a ton of Christmas cards & a couple extra birthday or thinking of you cards for the vets to send home to their families. Then you can either mail them to me & I will send them on, or you can follow the link at the top of my blog to send to a Cards For Heroes coordinator closest to you. This challenge runs from September 1st to October 15th. The usual dealine for the holiday cards is November 1st, but the challenge is available only until Ocotber 15th so there's not such a rush at the last minute.

I will be in touch with the coordinators to see who has donated cards from my blog, but I want to offer some blog candy to a lucky random winner, who is also a follower of my blog. What will you win? I just found out about the challenge, so I don't have the candy figured out yet, but I will let you know real soon! I LOVE shopping for others, so you won't be disappointed! Sign up now, so you don't forget and start those cards TODAY!!!
Thanks for thinking about our Vets!
Lee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails