Followers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Elizabeth Dulemba's Halloween Images

I've been a big fan of Elizabeth Dulemba's at Coloring Page Tuesdays (and her awesome children's book illustrations) for well over a year now, but I forget to take pictures of the cards before they get sent out.  I made sure that I didn't let this happen again with these Halloween cards I made for my grandkids.  I love Halloween almost as much as Christmas, so it's not surprising that I make so many Halloween cards.
The first card uses the image called Witchy Potion.  She was printed out on Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored with Prisma colored pencils blended with Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits). 
I have a ball playing with all the fun embellishments that you can find now for Halloween, so I'm not sure who enjoyed these cards more, me or the grandkids!  I'm not a big fan of Walmart, but I'll stop in some of the smaller stores when they're not very busy.  Luckily, I was able to pick up lots of these goodies that they don't carry in my area.  The first of these goodies was the large epoxy brad with the words, Hocus Pocus, on it.  The colored rhinestones were in a set of clear stamps by Studio g.  I found the spider brad last year at the Target $1 Shop, and the Hocus Pocus rub-on this year.
 
The second card uses the image called, Ghost With Pumpkins.  This one was also colored with Prismas and blended with Gamsol. 

I love coloring Elizabeth's images.  They all have such wonderful facial expressions, and many of them focus on reading.  I was lucky enough to have won some of her autographed books last year, and my grandkids still ask me to read them again and again.  They also can't wait to see what Elizabeth will offer as a free image every week on her blog, Coloring Page Tuesdays.  What are you waiting for?  Hop on over to her blog to see all of the wonderful digi images she has to offer.  Don't forget to check out her books, too.  I know that my grandkids will be getting more of her books for Christmas.

Since I've been MIA again, I thought I should share some of the pictures of my youngest grandson, Caleb, that has been taking up so much of my time lately.  I've also been  helping out one of my daughter's friends by watching her baby, Marion.  It's hard to believe there is only 6 months difference between the two of them!

Check out Caleb's rolls on his rolls, and how he loves to laugh!
 

Don't you just love Caleb's baby blues?

Marion loves to lick her toys before she'll play with them.

Marion can't believe I caught her catching flies!
  ~~~Lee~~~
CHALLENGES:
Crafts 4 Eternity - Magical 3
Crafty Catz - Halloween 3
Divas by Design - Something Spooky 2
Forever Friends - Anything Goes with an animal 4
My Mum's Craft Shop -  Spooktacular - 2
There She Goes Clear Stamps - Seasonal (Halloween or Fall)  1
Paper Play - Halloween/Witches! 3
Crafting for All Seasons - Halloween or Color Challenge 2
Stamp-N-Doodle - Halloween 1
Stempelsonnen - Halloween 3
Top Tip Tuesday - Trick or Treat 31

First Card:
Card Base: Rubber Stampede
Card Stock:  Best Occasions Textured (flat black), Glossy Black - stash
Design Paper:  Target $1 Shop (purple),  Hobby Lobby (spiderwebs)   
Hocus Pocus Brad:  Studio G
Spider Brad:  Target $1 Shop
Rhinestones:  Studio g
Rub-Ons:  Target $1 Shop (Hocus Pocus) Basic Grey
Fibers:  My stash
Adhesive:  Scotch Glue Stick
Ink:  Vivid! purple and Memento Tuxedo Black

Second Card:
Card Base:  Stampin Up!
Design Paper:  Cloud 9 Design - Chitchat
Cardstock:  Best Occasions Textured
Boo Brad:  Studio g 
Ribbon:  Target $1 Shop
Stickers:  Stickopotamus (bats), stickeroni (trick or treat), Current (spiderweb & candy corn)
Adhesive:  Scotch Glue Stick & Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Ink:  Vivid! purple

18 comments:

Claire said...

Hi what gorgeous cards and so beautifully coloured :-)
Caleb and Marion are just adorable, thanks for sharing such lovely photos
hugs
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for joining in at Paper Play this week. Gorgeous photos too!
Hugs Julie P

Tina said...

Tolle Halloweenkarten sind das. Sie gefallen mir super gut.

Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.
LG Tina

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards, But I adore your pictures of Caleb and Marion thanks for sharing those too! and Thanks for coming to play with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Trick or Treat challenge I hope you can come play again soon you can enter up to 3 times per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Janette said...

Your cards are brilliant, thanks for sharing them with us at CraftyCatz this week, also love the Baby pics...soooo cute....Happy Halloween.xx

Seija said...

Wow, scary witch, fantastic color! So Halloween can come!
Thanks for playing with us at Stempelsonnenchallenge!
XOXO Michi

Maggie's Crafts said...

Stunning!

Thank you so much for taking part in our Trick or Treat challenge this week at TTT! :)

Maggie
x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous cards thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow you have been busy. These are fantastic!
Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenge this week.
Diane xx

Unknown said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at.
http://stamp-n-doodle.blogspot.com/
love the baby photos

Darlene said...

Fabulous cards and beautiful babies!!! Thanks for playing along in our 'Halloween' challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope you'll come back next time!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
MY BLOG

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such adorable photos of your grandchild.
Thank You for the so thoughtful comments on my daughters drawing--It felt very nice reading the comment and knowing you keenly observed her art!

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Stine said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at stempelsonnenchallenge.
Hugs stine

Marlene said...

Wow - these turned out GREAT.....awesome coloring job!!! Your grandbabies are just the cutest, too!!!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, my dear! Watch out for men. They never grow up, ya know. ;)

Trish and Treasure said...

Cute photos of the adorable kids!!Love the cards and great colours!!
Trish

Tracy said...

Oh these are wonderful! I love Elizabeth's images and your coloring is fantastic! Thank you so much for the very sweet comment you left on my blog about my "Snow Fairies" card. I really appreciate it. :-) Hugs and happy crafting!

Melissa said...

Fantastic cards! I love Halloween too.

Cat said...

WOW! Lee, your coloring is amazing! Your grandkids are so adorable! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comments that you left on my blog during the Pixie Dust Blog Hop. I hope you'll join us when we ave another hop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails