Followers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Elaine Cox's Katie Card

I thought it was about time I posted something before all you bloggers think I bit the dust!  Now that school is about to start, I'm going to have much more free time available without the grandkids. :o(

I've actually been making cards when I can, but I haven't posted them for awhile.  This card uses one of the Sweet Pea Stamps called Katie by the artist Elaine Cox.  I received this one from Jennifer Willis in a bloghop.  I love Elaine's images as well as sooooo many other ones offered by Sweet Pea Stamps.  I could easily spend every dollar I have buying all of these gorgeous stamps!
This image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Prismas blended with OMS.  Who couldn't resist added a little sparkle to the leaves with a bit of Stickles.  You probably can't see it from the pics, but I used Glossy Accents on her eyes to give them a bit more depth.  The border was cut out with a Fiskars leaf border punch with some Stickles on it to tie it into the leaves on the image.  The mulberry paper matting was added to add more of an organic feel to the card.  To fray the mulberry paper, all you need to do is run a wet paintbrush around the edges, and then you pull the paper away around the wet sections.

I've been hoarding this gorgeous design paper from the DCWV Once Upon a Time paper stack, but I had to use it with this gorgeous image.  The leaves are embossed paper charms called Artsy Additions from HOTP.  All of the edges of the papers were inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink.  What's an earthy image like this without a bunch of fibers and ribbons from my stash?  It was also time to break out my stash of beads and start using them.

~~~Lee~~~

Supplies:
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye Distress Ink
Color:  Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Dimension:  Glossy Accents
Papers: DCWV Once Upon a Time, The Paper Studio, Mulberry by unknown
Glitter:  Stickles
Embellishments:  HOTP Artsy Additions, Fibers, Ribbons & Beads from my stash

Challenges:
Clear It Out Challenge - Glitter - 29
Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes -1
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Girlie - 27
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge - Girly Girl - 28
Karen's Doodles - Use your punches and diecuts - 28
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes - 1
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes - 26
Pollycraft Monday Challenges - Autumn Colors - 28
Shelley's Images - Show Us What You Got! - 24
Stamp Insanity - Anything Goes - 25
Stamps R Us Challenge Blog - Anything Goes - 4

15 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow awesome card. Love the coloring and that image is gorgeous..

ileana said...

Hi Lee!
what a beuaitufl card! love the image, it´s completely gorgeous, and your coloring is perfect as usual :-) Remember that you can add some touches to enhance the color on some parts (or deepen the shadows) after you blended the pencils, love the soft look the blending adds but it´s easy to loose the color. I see you are using your beads, great! you can add pretty details to your work with them :-)
I´m missing my craftroom too... I have a lot of work lately and I don´t have enough time to play.
Have a wonderful day! hugs!

Rufus said...

Lovely! Would you believe that I've been hoarding that same paper!! I actually cut into it the other day, the horror!!!!! LOL
R/

Carol L said...

This is such a gorgeous creation with those fabulous green colors! I love the fibers and beads!! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

Anita said...

This is a stunning card. Love the fibers and beads too. Thanks for joining the Pollycraft challenge this week.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wow...what a wonderful creation! I love the coloring on her face... just beautifully done! Thank you for playing at HLSC this week and good luck!
~Hugs~
Georgia

Tammy said...

Hi Lee!
WOW this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love that image and your coloring is beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
Tammy :)

Anne said...

fab card, great colour work and layout too
Thanks for joining us on Karen's Doodles
Anne x

papertrails leaver said...

This is really beautiful! Like your use of fibers! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime for our anything goes challenge. :-) Amy

Faye said...

I really like this card and the lovely rich feeling you have created with the autumn colours. Gorgeous image too. Thanks for playing with us at Pollycraft this week. x

Glenda said...

Very pretty! Lovely iamge and colors! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

Cazza said...

Such a pretty stamp and I love how you've coloured her hair, stunning!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Pollycraft :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Unknown said...

beautiful thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

Suzie McFloozy said...

Stunning card - just beautiful x
Thanks for joining in with us at Papercrafting journey - good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Unknown said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous card!! Love the color you used!!

Thank you for joining us at Karen`s Doodle last week.

Hugs from Tine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails