Followers

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Vellum Butterfly Sympathy Card

One of the cards I don't make a lot of is sympathy cards.  It's one of those things that I usually have to make specifically for that person.  I decided to step out of my comfort zone and make this card for the batch I made for my DGS's youth football fundraiser.
I thought this DP would look nice with the butterfly stamp that I stamped and heat embossed on vellum.  Color was added to the back of the vellum with highlighters to soften the colors.  In Deepest Sorrow by Hambo Stamps was stamped on ivory cardstock, and then the edges were punched/embossed with a Fiskars corner punch.  Since I finally bought a REAL distressing tool, I decided to use it on the edges of the DP.  The distressed edges and the edges of the sentiment were then inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The ribbon is from my stash, and the butterfly was attached with foam adhesive. 
The inside uses the same DP and techniques as the front.  This sentiment was stamped on ivory cardstock and handcut.   All of these edges were then inked with the Distress Ink to match the front.  I loved that I was able to use some more of the gorgeous cards from The Paper Cut Venus card kit to make this.  The color is a deep eggplant if your monitor doesn't do a good job with colors.  I bought a bunch of clear acrylic stamps online, and none of them was marked with the manufacturer.  If anyone knows who makes the stamp on the inside, please let me know so I can give them proper credit.

  ~~~  Lee  ~~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails