Followers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Learning Community for Crafters

Do you ever make a card and wish that someone would honestly tell you that something wasn't right?  Have you thought about adding a ribbon or a flower to a certain spot, but thought it might throw the balance of the card off?  Maybe you've forgotten how to use a color wheel and need some help picking the right colors.  I do love getting all of the wonderful comments on my blog about my creations, but where do you go when you really want some constructive criticism about your work?

Now, there's finally a place you can go to that lets you give and receive constructive criticism!  Also, if someone says they like your art, they are asked to be specific about why they like it not just it's gorgeous, or nice work.  Wouldn't you really love to know what you did made your creation stand out?  How would you like to have people tell you honestly that they don't like the position of the bow, but maybe if you made it smaller or centered the bow it wouldn't detract so much from the main image?  What do you think?  Are you ready to check this new site out and try your hand at commenting on some cards to help others out?   

This is what the founder of the Learning Community for Crafters has to say about why she started this new site: 
"When I first started learning to use new products or techniques I had wished I had someone I could ask for advice or get tips on how I could do something better.

I began entering 'challenges' thinking I would get some feedback on my work. However the feedback I received was always positive and upbeat, and really sometimes my project really didn't deserve the comments it was receiving. I just wanted some honest feedback. Tell me how I can improve!

After putting the idea out about how I felt I found other people felt the same way. So I have decided to create this community where we can come together and offer each other 'CONSTRUCTIVE' crticism.

I am setting this up as a learning centre and have some bigger plans for it in the future. I am starting this on NING to begin with and if it grows and you are all finding it is a helpful resource then I will look at expanding it elsewhere.

If you have any suggestions, comments or more ideas please contact me.

Hugs & Take care
Zoe  xxoo"

Enough reading, why don't you pop on over to the Learning Community for Crafters and check it out?  If you're a member of any other Ning network, you will use the same password that you use on sites like Papercraft Planet or SNR Card Universe.  It doesn't cost you anything to look, so why don't you go on over and give it a look!

~~  Lee  ~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails