Followers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Michelle Perkett Mermaid Card Winner at PCP

Well, I finally won my first challenge!  Yippee!  I'm so honored especially since the other cards were so unbelievably gorgeous!  The challenge I won was the last one held on Michelle Perkett Studio's Paper Craft Planet page.  From now on, the challenges will be held on Michelle Perkett's Studio Design Challenge Blog.  The challenge for this week will be to go to Michelle's Etsy Store and pick one of the works of art in her Etsy store and use this as an inspiration piece.  The weekly challenges will be posted on Tuesdays.

My winning card is a digital image called Tutti Fruiti Mermaid from Michelle Perkett Studio.  The image was printed on The Paper Company shimmer paper from my HP printer and embossed it with Kaleidoscope Embossing Powder by Stampendous.  The trick is to get the embossing powder on the image as soon as you take it from the printer when it's still wet.  I choose heidi grace designs shimmer foiled paper called Beyond the Sea/Tinsel for the main panels of my card.  The cardstock and matting are from Hobby Lobby.


The image was colored with colored pencils that were blended with Goo Gone.  I then cut the image out with a craft knife.  This image really screamed for lots of bling, so I gave it to her.  Her hair was highlighter with Orange Stickles and Red Amos Glitter Glue Sparkle.  The pearls were accented with the irridescent glitter glue from Amos and her tail's scales were highlighted with the green.  The ends of the curliques were hard to cut out, so I added some Magic Scraps glitter to the ends to hide some of my cutting mistakes. 

Tutti-Frutti's gorgeous ring and the corners of the card were highlighted with rhinestones I found in a package of a kid's manicure set.  To make her stand out better, she was matted on this beautiful orange mulberry paper I won on eBay.  I've had this sparkly yarn for a while in my stash, so I used it around the DCWV Pocket Full of Posies Adhesive Ribbon.  Originally, I had tried to gold leaf the edges, but it didn't show up, so I used these Strasbourg rub-ons with some rhinestone bling.

Hurry on over to Michelle's blog or her etsy shop to see all of her gorgeous digi stamps that she has to offer.  As for me, I'm going shopping with the gift certificate I won!    ~  Lee  ~ 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Lee thank you so much for your gorgeous entry!! The work you did on this is incredible!! I just love it!! Congratulations, Lee!!

Hugs,

Michelle:)

Doodle Queen said...

Oh my goodness! This is the one of most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Simply gorgeous!!! Wow, wow and WOW!!!!! You execution is magical and Michelle's images are stunning as always :-)
Hugs, Karen (Karen's Doodles)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails