Followers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Veteran's Day Operation Write Home Blog Hop

I got my confirmation yesterday that I will be one of the stops on Operation Write Home's Blog Hop on the Saturday after Veteran's Day, November 14th. You won't be disappointed! This organization accepts handmade cards from all over to send to our troops overseas. OWH ships the cards to them so they can have something nice to send home to their families. With all the stores in the US that we have all over the place, it's hard to imagine that our heroes can't go out & buy a card for their loved ones in stores in places like Afghanistan or Iraq. They're lucky if they get a regular shower!

As soon as I heard about the blog hop, I knew I wanted to join in. If you don't already know, my daughter is a Sgt. in the Colorado Army National Guard 220th MP Unit. She did a tour in Baghdad, & she will probably have to go to Afghanistan since she reinlisted for 3 more years last year while she was in Baghdad. Making cards is one of the few activities that I'm still involved with due to my disabilities.

I will be offering BLOG CANDY to one of my followers that comments on my blog on November 14th. Some of the items I will be offering include a custom stamp with the Operation Write Home logo for the backs of your cards (not required, but it helps them out in the mailroom!), rubber stamps by Judith & CC Rubber Stamps, The Paper Cut White Luster Twist Cards, Martha Stewart Crafts ribbon, K&Company adhesive gems, tons of design paper & LOTS more! I'll try to get the picture up later today.

If you want to be involved in this Blog Hop for our Heroes, click on the Operation Write Home logo on my sidebar for more information. The last Blog Hop they had on Memorial Day had over 150 blogs involved, so you won't want to miss this one!

Lee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails